- Achievement Tests
- Diplomas & Certificates
- ID Cards
- Educational Resources
- Group Ordering
The California Achievement Test (CAT) is one of the most widely used of the student assessments for basic academic skills. The CAT provides educators, students and their parents with a measure of achievement and national comparison.
This practice version of the California Achievement Test designed to allow parents and educators to easily administer a practice achievement test to their students, and allows both educators and students to experience the online testing process. Each of the sections constitutes a competency within the test and represents approximately 25% the length of the actual test. If you would prefer the complete CAT, covering reading, language, and mathematics, please click here.
Practice tests are immediately scored at time of completion and a count of the number of questions answered correctly is provided. When the complete California Achievement Test is taken, the student will also receive additional scores such as grade equivalence, percentile ranking, and stanine. Click here for an explanation of the scores.
Benefits of utilizing Academic Excellence online achievement testing include:
◦ Reliable and up-to-date results based on biannual norming
◦ Freedom to test according to your schedule
◦ No bachelor’s degree required for test administration
◦ Flexibility to divide tests into multiple sessions, as needed
◦ Our tests do not expire
◦ Stress free testing with complete proctoring by the online system
◦ Immediate scores and results
◦ 24/7 access to tests and results
◦ Printable results
◦ Device friendly; access using desktop, laptop, and/or tablet with no scrolling necessary to take the test
◦ Professionally developed and produced with the permission of the original publisher
◦ Widely recognized and accepted by state and local educational agencies
Certificate of Completion:
As an added value to our customers, Academic Excellence is pleased to provide a free, printable certificate of achievement to all students who complete an AE California Achievement Test. You can view a sample of the certificate here.
◦ Student First Name - Enter the first name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Student Last Name - Enter the last name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Grade Level - If you are testing in the middle of school year, select the student's current grade level. If you are testing at the end of school year or between school years, select the next grade level for the student; not the student's past grade level.
◦ Add to Cart - Enter information for one student only, then select the Add to Cart button.
Once you have placed your California Achievement Test purchase with Academic Excellence, you will receive both an order confirmation and an email containing the user name and password to log into the Academic Excellence education portal. Please allow up to twenty minutes to receive this email and check your spam folder if you do not receive the email.
If you wish to purchase testing services for another student, or wish to make other purchases, select the Continue Shopping link after viewing your shopping cart.
I was so thankful that I found the CAT because it met my States requirement for our homeschooler.
I loved how detailed the report was. It was also such a simple seamless process.
Christine on 10th Jul 2022
This practice test gave my daughter the opportunity to figure out how a computer test would work and certainly gave me confidence that she would be able to navigate the actual test when the time came. Unknown on 1st Jun 2022
For first time homeschoolers this test is very helpful for my daughter. Jessica Chandler on 25th Jun 2020
This test was very helpful for my daughter. It is a great tool to use before taking the actual test. Unknown on 31st Aug 2019
This was a great way to help prepare my son for their CAT test! Unknown on 8th Mar 2019
I found the scope of the test material to line up with what we have covered so far this school year. The instructions were very clear and my son did not find the practice test to be tedious. I will definitely use this test for our end of year testing. Demitry Hairw on 10th Nov 2017
I got the practice review for my son. A representative helped answer all my questions. She took the pains to help me review the wrong answers for the pre-test. This helped my son a lot. This is the best experience I have had with any educational service. All educational services need to learn from Academic Excellence. Meena George Kurian on 11th Aug 2017
As an educator in charge of my homeschooler curriculum, I find this practice test a good review and assessment of my child's strong and weak subject areas. It made my job easier allowing me to evaluate those precise areas that needed more attention and practice at a given moment, and before taking the grade level standardized test. I highly recommend it!
Patricia Anderson on 30th Jun 2017
The practice exams definitely erased the anxiety my two were having about taking the full exam. Great preparation! Peachymama on 25th May 2017
The practice test definitely helped my son prepare for the actual exam. Unknown on 5th Oct 2016