- Achievement Tests
- Diplomas & Certificates
- ID Cards
- Educational Resources
- Group Ordering
The California Achievement Test (CAT) is one of the most widely used of the student assessments for basic academic skills. The CAT provides educators, students and their parents with a measure of achievement and national comparison in reading, language, spelling, and mathematics.
Meeting most state and umbrella school requirements for annual testing, the California Achievement Test offered by Academic Excellence provides insight into students' scholastic progress by scoring grade equivalency, percentile ranking, and stanine. Click here for an explanation of the scores.
Benefits of utilizing Academic Excellence online achievement testing include:
◦ Reliable and up-to-date results based on biannual norming
◦ Freedom to test according to your schedule
◦ No bachelor’s degree required for test administration
◦ Flexibility to divide tests into multiple sessions, as needed
◦ Our tests do not expire
◦ Stress free testing with complete proctoring by the online system
◦ Immediate scores and results
◦ Year to year comparisons of students' progress within the Academic Excellence portal
◦ 24/7 access to tests and results
◦ Printable results
◦ Device friendly; access using desktop, laptop, and/or tablet with no scrolling necessary to take the test
◦ Professionally developed and produced with the permission of the original publisher
◦ Widely recognized and accepted by state and local educational agencies
Certificate of Completion: As an added value to our customers, Academic Excellence is pleased to provide a free, printable certificate of achievement to all students who complete an AE California Achievement Test. You can view a sample of the certificate here.
Premium Scoring: Receive additional scoring, such as composite scores, along with charts and graphs for easier analysis of test results. Click here to view a sample premium scoring report.
Practice Test: We understand that parents may have some reservations prior to the first time their students take an online test. As an option, we offer an additional practice CAT in order to acclimate students to the online testing process. This test is approximate 25% the length of the actual test, and provides only a count of the correctly answered questions. If this option fits your need, please select it above.
Recommendation Service: Academic Excellence's independent recommendation service is for home educators who would like to receive customized curriculum recommendations based upon the achievement test results. Academic Excellence is not affiliated with any curriculum publisher and provides objective, experienced feedback on curriculum. The Academic Excellence staff have been involved in home education since 1987 and have extensive experience with curriculum providers and the spectrum of homeschooling philosophies.
The resource recommendations from Academic Excellence are strategically selected to strengthen and improve competency and mastery in academic areas presented in standardized testing. These key selected resources make excellent "tutoring aides" and addenda to any curriculum. Our goal in developing the Academic Excellence recommendation service is to provide parents with user friendly, economical resources that strengthen students' academic achievement and testing skills; focus tutoring and teaching efforts; and facilitate preparation for and success in ACT, SAT, and college testing. All recommendations are based upon the student's test scores and our staff's extensive experience with home education. Each of the primary recommendations are provided in correlation to individual students' scores to questions and sections of standardized tests. Secondary resources are often challenging, educational games or less formal learning practices. Each recommendation is measured by ease of use by parents; levels of response, enjoyment, and success by students; and affordability. By targeting and addressing students' deficit areas with easy to use and economical tutorial resources, test scores, grades, and confidence elevate and improve. Recommendations in students' areas of proficiency keep students engaged, challenged, and progressing in all subject areas. We have found this to be an easy, economical way to ensure academic excellence and success.
◦ Student First Name - Enter the first name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Student Last Name - Enter the last name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Grade Level - If you are testing in the middle of school year, select the student's current grade level. If you are testing at the end of school year or between school years, select the next grade level for the student; not the student's past grade level.
◦ Premium Scoring - Select if you want a composite score as part of your student's assessment.
◦ Add Practice CAT - Select if you would like to receive a practice online achievement test for your student.
◦ Recommendation Service - Indicate if you want Curriculum Recommendation Service.
◦ Add to Cart - Enter information for one student only, then select the Add to Cart button.
Once you have placed your California Achievement Test purchase with Academic Excellence, you will receive both an order confirmation and an email containing the user name and password to log into the Academic Excellence education portal. Please allow up to twenty minutes to receive this email and check your spam folder if you do not receive the email.
If you wish to purchase testing services for another student, or wish to make other purchases, select the Continue Shopping link after viewing your shopping cart.
This was my 1st time doing a CAT test for home schooling. I'm very pleased that it was easy & got test results in 20 mintues. I will definitely be using this again next year. Shirelle on 1st Aug 2018
Great Service! Aisha Saleem on 18th Jul 2018
This was our first time using the cat grade 3 online test and it was easy to use and made testing a breeze. We'll definitely be using it again next year. Stacie on 15th Jul 2018
Though I detest Standardized Testing... this is by far the easiest way to complete the requirements for my state. I’ve given the paper version before and NEVER again!!!!
I’ve used this two years now & will continue to come back. :) Amber on 11th Jul 2018
Very good test. Instructions were clear and concise. Nedra on 6th Jul 2018
I’ve been using this test for 3 years and it is always a great experience. My child enjoys taking this test, especially the online version. Unknown on 25th Jun 2018
I usually order a paper test for my homeschoolers, but I lost track of time and needed to get the test quicker this year. I am so glad I found this online test - this is what I'll be using from now on. It was extremely easy to navigate, the customer service was wonderful, and the results came back fast and were comprehensive. Amy on 14th Jun 2018
Awesome customer service! Unknown on 6th Jun 2018
My girls really enjoyed taking the test and had a very good testing experience. We had a little technical difficulty in the beginning with the way my browser displayed the test, but the online tech staff reached back to me right away and we were able to fix the issue quickly and move on with the test. :) Unknown on 2nd Jun 2018
I’m a home educator of over 16 years. I believe academic achievement needs to be measured in the same manner and environment in which the child is typically educated. These tests have helped me accomplish this! Great product! Elisabeth on 15th May 2018