- Achievement Tests
- Diplomas & Certificates
- ID Cards
- Group Ordering
The California Achievement Test (CAT) is one of the most widely used of the student assessments for basic academic skills. The CAT provides educators, students and their parents with a measure of achievement and national comparison in reading, language, spelling, and mathematics.
Meeting most state and umbrella school requirements for annual testing, the California Achievement Test offered by Academic Excellence provides insight into students' scholastic progress by scoring grade equivalency, percentile ranking, and stanine. Click here for an explanation of the scores.
Benefits of utilizing Academic Excellence online achievement testing include:
◦ Reliable and up-to-date results based on biannual norming
◦ Freedom to test according to your schedule
◦ No bachelor’s degree required for test administration
◦ Flexibility to divide tests into multiple sessions, as needed
◦ Our tests do not expire
◦ Stress free testing with complete proctoring by the online system
◦ Immediate scores and results
◦ Year to year comparisons of students' progress within the Academic Excellence portal
◦ 24/7 access to tests and results
◦ Printable results
◦ Device friendly; access using desktop, laptop, and/or tablet with no scrolling necessary to take the test
◦ Professionally developed and produced with the permission of the original publisher
◦ Widely recognized and accepted by state and local educational agencies
Certificate of Completion: As an added value to our customers, Academic Excellence is pleased to provide a free, printable certificate of achievement to all students who complete an AE California Achievement Test. You can view a sample of the certificate here.
Premium Scoring: Receive additional scoring, such as composite scores, along with charts and graphs for easier analysis of test results. Click here to view a sample premium scoring report.
Practice Test: We understand that parents may have some reservations prior to the first time their students take an online test. As an option, we offer an additional practice CAT in order to acclimate students to the online testing process. This test is approximate 25% the length of the actual test, and provides only a count of the correctly answered questions. If this option fits your need, please select it above.
Recommendation Service: Academic Excellence's independent recommendation service is for home educators who would like to receive customized curriculum recommendations based upon the achievement test results. Academic Excellence is not affiliated with any curriculum publisher and provides objective, experienced feedback on curriculum. The Academic Excellence staff have been involved in home education since 1987 and have extensive experience with curriculum providers and the spectrum of homeschooling philosophies.
The resource recommendations from Academic Excellence are strategically selected to strengthen and improve competency and mastery in academic areas presented in standardized testing. These key selected resources make excellent "tutoring aides" and addenda to any curriculum. Our goal in developing the Academic Excellence recommendation service is to provide parents with user friendly, economical resources that strengthen students' academic achievement and testing skills; focus tutoring and teaching efforts; and facilitate preparation for and success in ACT, SAT, and college testing. All recommendations are based upon the student's test scores and our staff's extensive experience with home education. Each of the primary recommendations are provided in correlation to individual students' scores to questions and sections of standardized tests. Secondary resources are often challenging, educational games or less formal learning practices. Each recommendation is measured by ease of use by parents; levels of response, enjoyment, and success by students; and affordability. By targeting and addressing students' deficit areas with easy to use and economical tutorial resources, test scores, grades, and confidence elevate and improve. Recommendations in students' areas of proficiency keep students engaged, challenged, and progressing in all subject areas. We have found this to be an easy, economical way to ensure academic excellence and success.
◦ Student First Name - Enter the first name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Student Last Name - Enter the last name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Grade Level - If you are testing in the middle of school year, select the student's current grade level. If you are testing at the end of school year or between school years, select the next grade level for the student; not the student's past grade level.
◦ Premium Scoring - Select if you want a composite score as part of your student's assessment.
◦ Add Practice CAT - Select if you would like to receive a practice online achievement test for your student.
◦ Recommendation Service - Indicate if you want Curriculum Recommendation Service.
◦ Add to Cart - Enter information for one student only, then select the Add to Cart button.
Once you have placed your California Achievement Test purchase with Academic Excellence, you will receive both an order confirmation and an email containing the user name and password to log into the Academic Excellence education portal. Please allow up to twenty minutes to receive this email and check your spam folder if you do not receive the email.
If you wish to purchase testing services for another student, or wish to make other purchases, select the Continue Shopping link after viewing your shopping cart.
I appreciated that my kids could take the test the same day I signed up for it and we got the scores shortly after they finished. My son had a scoring glitch that resulted in one subsection score not showing up on his report. I worked with the staff, who were all very helpful, and they enabled him to retake that one section so his composite score would be complete. Lori on 12th Aug 2017
The test was thorough and even timed it was not stressful. My son understood the directions and was able to sit through each session. Cynthi on 1st Aug 2017
Thank you! This is a great value, easy to administer and instant results. Very concise report after the test. jessica peters on 4th Jul 2017
Great way for me to assess my son's homeschooling progress and see where to focus his future learning. Unknown on 3rd Jul 2017
My son appreciated the format of the test. While not a fan of standardized tests, if you must take one for whatever reason, this was the way to go. Unknown on 28th Jun 2017
I have used CAT testing for 2 years now and I am very impressed with them. This year,I ordered the wrong test. Once I called the company they took care of everything for me and walked me step by step through everything I needed to know and do. Pamela Willever on 23rd Jun 2017
The testing was easy access and and fast results. Kids friendly. Mona on 17th Jun 2017
Both of my children took the CAT (timed) online test twice this year. We used different companies each time and this one was the better choice. The process was pretty smooth and the results came in quickly. The tests were also a better economic value through this company. Unknown on 14th Jun 2017
We have done our tests this way for the past two years. It is easy, and makes test time (nearly) enjoyable! Unknown on 11th Jun 2017
Easy for me to sign up, easy for each child to log in and test and I LOVED the immediate printable results. Elisabeth W. on 8th Jun 2017