- Achievement Tests
- Diplomas & Certificates
- ID Cards
- Educational Resources
- Group Ordering
The California Achievement Test (CAT) is one of the most widely used of the student assessments for basic academic skills. The CAT provides educators, students and their parents with a measure of achievement and national comparison.
The Academic Excellence online untimed practice California Achievement Tests are designed to allow parents and educators to easily administer a practice achievement test to their students requiring special accommodation, and to allow both educators and students to experience the online testing process. Each section constitutes a competency within the test and represents approximately 25% the length of the actual test. Tests are divided into multiple timed sections that can be easily administered by parents or educators. These tests can be taken over as many sessions as necessary based upon the schedule of the student and provide total flexibility over the course of a year to complete. Tests are immediately scored at time of completion and a count of the number of questions answered correctly is provided.
When the complete California Achievement Test is taken, the student will also receive additional scores such as grade equivalence, percentile ranking, and stanine compared to national norms for students taking the traditional timed version of the test. Student score reports indicate that the test was administered without the time limits associated with the traditional test.
Benefits of utilizing Academic Excellence online achievement testing include:
◦ Reliable and up-to-date results based on biannual norming
◦ Freedom to test according to your schedule
◦ No bachelor’s degree required for test administration
◦ Flexibility to divide tests into multiple sessions, as needed
◦ Our tests do not expire
◦ Stress free testing with complete proctoring by the online system
◦ Immediate scores and results
◦ Year to year comparisons of students' progress within the Academic Excellence portal
◦ 24/7 access to tests and results
◦ Printable results
◦ Device friendly; access using desktop, laptop, and/or tablet with no scrolling necessary to take the test
◦ Professionally developed and produced with the permission of the original publisher
◦ Widely recognized and accepted by state and local educational agencies
Certificate of Completion:
As an added value to our customers, Academic Excellence is pleased to provide a free, printable certificate of achievement to all students who complete an AE California Achievement Test. You can view a sample of the certificate here.
◦ Student First Name - Enter the first name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Student Last Name - Enter the last name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Grade Level - If you are testing in the middle of school year, select the student's current grade level. If you are testing at the end of school year or between school years, select the next grade level for the student; not the student's past grade level.
◦ Add to Cart - Enter information for one student only, then select the Add to Cart button.
Once you have placed your California Achievement Test purchase with Academic Excellence, you will receive both an order confirmation and an email containing the user name and password to log into the Academic Excellence education portal. Please allow up to twenty minutes to receive this email and check your spam folder if you do not receive the email.
If you wish to purchase testing services for another student, or wish to make other purchases, select the Continue Shopping link after viewing your shopping cart.
This was our 1st time using the CAT test. We started off by trying the practice test and it was not as stressful as I thought it would be. Thank you for having this be not painful. Gwen on 4th Jun 2021
Thanks to online testing its easy for my kids to take the cat testing to go into the next grade level! firstname.lastname@example.org on 3rd May 2021
Very satisfied with my decision to try Academic Excellence for my homeschool standardized testing. Michele S. on 18th Apr 2021
We did this practice test 2 weeks before her actual timed CAT test. She kept telling me how it was just like this practice test and she understood the format. Very glad this is offered. Mrs. R. on 24th Mar 2021
We previously ordered the full tests yet sometimes the boys felt overwhelmed, so the practice test helped prepare them better for a longer test. Leo on 10th Feb 2021
JUST WHAT MY CHILD NEEDED. Stephanie on 15th Dec 2020
We homeschool, live in Wisconsin, and I think it provides me direction for improvements and successes. Unknown on 21st Sep 2020
I wanted my new-to-third grader to have an idea of what the full assessment would look like so I purchased the not-timed practice test. I’m very pleased with the communication from AE and with how smoothly the test went. The practice has given my daughter confidence for the full test that will be administered later in the school year. ZsMom on 26th Jul 2020
It was very useful for me while preparing to take the CAT. It helped get acclimatized to the format of the questions and the way to answer them. Customer support was simply one of the best I’ve ever had, they replied to me within minutes of sending an email and were so very helpful. Debbie on 7th Jul 2020
Just what my child needed. Unknown on 22nd Jun 2020