- Achievement Tests
- Diplomas & Certificates
- ID Cards
- Educational Resources
- Group Ordering
The California Achievement Test (CAT) is one of the most widely used of the student assessments for basic academic skills. The CAT provides educators, students and their parents with a measure of achievement and national comparison.
The Academic Excellence online untimed practice California Achievement Tests are designed to allow parents and educators to easily administer a practice achievement test to their students requiring special accommodation, and to allow both educators and students to experience the online testing process. Each section constitutes a competency within the test and represents approximately 25% the length of the actual test. Tests are divided into multiple timed sections that can be easily administered by parents or educators. These tests can be taken over as many sessions as necessary based upon the schedule of the student and provide total flexibility over the course of a year to complete. Tests are immediately scored at time of completion and a count of the number of questions answered correctly is provided.
When the complete California Achievement Test is taken, the student will also receive additional scores such as grade equivalence, percentile ranking, and stanine compared to national norms for students taking the traditional timed version of the test. Student score reports indicate that the test was administered without the time limits associated with the traditional test.
Benefits of utilizing Academic Excellence online achievement testing include:
◦ Reliable and up-to-date results based on biannual norming
◦ Freedom to test according to your schedule
◦ No bachelor’s degree required for test administration
◦ Flexibility to divide tests into multiple sessions, as needed
◦ Our tests do not expire
◦ Stress free testing with complete proctoring by the online system
◦ Immediate scores and results
◦ Year to year comparisons of students' progress within the Academic Excellence portal
◦ 24/7 access to tests and results
◦ Printable results
◦ Device friendly; access using desktop, laptop, and/or tablet with no scrolling necessary to take the test
◦ Professionally developed and produced with the permission of the original publisher
◦ Widely recognized and accepted by state and local educational agencies
Certificate of Completion:
As an added value to our customers, Academic Excellence is pleased to provide a free, printable certificate of achievement to all students who complete an AE California Achievement Test. You can view a sample of the certificate here.
◦ Student First Name - Enter the first name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Student Last Name - Enter the last name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Grade Level - If you are testing in the middle of school year, select the student's current grade level. If you are testing at the end of school year or between school years, select the next grade level for the student; not the student's past grade level.
◦ Add to Cart - Enter information for one student only, then select the Add to Cart button.
Once you have placed your California Achievement Test purchase with Academic Excellence, you will receive both an order confirmation and an email containing the user name and password to log into the Academic Excellence education portal. Please allow up to twenty minutes to receive this email and check your spam folder if you do not receive the email.
If you wish to purchase testing services for another student, or wish to make other purchases, select the Continue Shopping link after viewing your shopping cart.
JUST WHAT MY CHILD NEEDED. Stephanie on 15th Dec 2020
We homeschool, live in Wisconsin, and I think it provides me direction for improvements and successes. Unknown on 21st Sep 2020
I wanted my new-to-third grader to have an idea of what the full assessment would look like so I purchased the not-timed practice test. I’m very pleased with the communication from AE and with how smoothly the test went. The practice has given my daughter confidence for the full test that will be administered later in the school year. ZsMom on 26th Jul 2020
It was very useful for me while preparing to take the CAT. It helped get acclimatized to the format of the questions and the way to answer them. Customer support was simply one of the best I’ve ever had, they replied to me within minutes of sending an email and were so very helpful. Debbie on 7th Jul 2020
Just what my child needed. Unknown on 22nd Jun 2020
My 3rd graders did such an amazing job with their end of grade exams. The test format was easy to understand. Unknown on 22nd Jun 2020
This test is great. I ordered just the practice untimed and it took my daughter 2 hr to take it. Did have to feel rushed and did a great job on it. Amber petersen on 20th Jun 2020
My son was a little worried about taking the CAT this year. The practice test was a great way to give him the confidence needed to know he could do the test well Daniel B Gardner on 9th Jun 2020
I enjoyed being able to have my son do a practice online test. It was nice to navigate and see how the test looks. It all was new for us to learn how to test online. We had to remove our pop up blocker, which I never knew how to do before. Also, it took away some of his test anxiety. Thank you for this option. April MOUNTJOY on 13th May 2020
Thank you for providing a practice test. L helped us to see where we were weak, and Will hopefully give my daughter some confidence in what she knows. Alea on 10th May 2020