- Achievement Tests
- Diplomas & Certificates
- ID Cards
- Educational Resources
- Group Ordering
The California Achievement Test (CAT) is one of the most widely used of the student assessments for basic academic skills. The CAT provides educators, students and their parents with a measure of achievement and national comparison in reading, language, spelling, and mathematics.
Meeting most state and umbrella school requirements for annual testing, the California Achievement Test offered by Academic Excellence provides insight into students' scholastic progress by scoring grade equivalency, percentile ranking, and stanine. Click here for an explanation of the scores.
Benefits of utilizing Academic Excellence paper achievement testing include:
◦ Reliable and up-to-date results based on biannual norming
◦ Freedom to test according to your schedule
◦ Flexibility to divide tests into multiple sessions, as needed
◦ Our tests do not expire
◦ Stress free testing with complete printed instructions for proctoring the test
◦ Test results are emailed to you, with a link to PDF report for downloading and printing
◦ Professionally developed and produced with the permission of the original publisher
◦ Widely recognized and accepted by state and local educational agencies
Once you have placed your California Achievement Test purchase with Academic Excellence:
◦ You will receive an order confirmation email.
◦ Printed instructions, the California Achievement Test, and a return envelope will be shipped via Priority Mail, usually within 1 business day (transit times will vary).
◦ Upon completion of the test, simply return the answer sheets to Academic Excellence in the pre-printed return envelope.
◦ Once scored, your test results will be emailed to you along with a link to a PDF report of your scores for saving and printing.
Premium Scoring: Receive additional scoring, such as composite scores, along with charts and graphs for easier analysis of test results. Click here to view a sample premium scoring report.
Recommendation Service: Academic Excellence's independent recommendation service is for home educators who would like to receive customized curriculum recommendations based upon the achievement test results. Academic Excellence is not affiliated with any curriculum publisher and provides objective, experienced feedback on curriculum. The Academic Excellence staff have been involved in home education since 1987 and have extensive experience with curriculum providers and the spectrum of homeschooling philosophies.
The resource recommendations from Academic Excellence are strategically selected to strengthen and improve competency and mastery in academic areas presented in standardized testing. These key selected resources make excellent "tutoring aides" and addenda to any curriculum. Our goal in developing the Academic Excellence recommendation service is to provide parents with user friendly, economical resources that strengthen students' academic achievement and testing skills; focus tutoring and teaching efforts; and facilitate preparation for and success in ACT, SAT, and college testing. All recommendations are based upon the student's test scores and our staff's extensive experience with home education. Each of the primary recommendations are provided in correlation to individual students' scores to questions and sections of standardized tests. Secondary resources are often challenging, educational games or less formal learning practices. Each recommendation is measured by ease of use by parents; levels of response, enjoyment, and success by students; and affordability. By targeting and addressing students' deficit areas with easy to use and economical tutorial resources, test scores, grades, and confidence elevate and improve. Recommendations in students' areas of proficiency keep students engaged, challenged, and progressing in all subject areas. We have found this to be an easy, economical way to ensure academic excellence and success.
Certificate of Completion: As an added value to our customers, Academic Excellence is pleased to provide a free, printable certificate of achievement to all students who complete an AE California Achievement Test. You can view a sample of the certificate here.
◦ Student First Name - Enter the first name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Student Last Name - Enter the last name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Grade Level - If you are testing in the middle of school year, select the student's current grade level. If you are testing at the end of school year or between school years, select the next grade level for the student; not the student's past grade level.
◦ Premium Scoring - Now standard on all full tests at no extra charge.
◦ Recommendation Service - Indicate if you want Curriculum Recommendation Service.
◦ Add to Cart - Enter information for one student only, then select the Add to Cart button.
If you wish to purchase testing services for another student, or wish to make other purchases, select the Continue Shopping link after viewing your shopping cart.
This was our second-year ordering through Academic excellence for the CAT to end our homeschooling year. This time was very quick in receiving the tests and getting the results. I chose to email the kids answer sheets instead of sending in the mail. I received their tests scores back in less than a week. Thanks to this site it was a quick and efficient end to our homeschool year. Brianna on 6th May 2022
I was totally impressed with my kiddos tests! It was so easy to order, and I received them quickly and without any issues! The test was easy to administer, and easy to send back. Also we got the results quickly, no long wait time wondering how your child did. The tests covered all the needed materials, the student's instructions were straight forward, easy to follow, no added nonsense to muddle up the process. Overall, I am so thrilled to have found the CAT, it is the only achievement test I will use from now on! Rae P on 3rd May 2022
This test was easy for my son to follow (5th grade) and I thought it was a good amount of problems of his overall academics. Unknown on 2nd May 2022
Easy to order, administer, return, the whole process. Basic overall test. Jenny Starr on 25th Apr 2022
This test gives quality feedback in a timely manner and readable format. You know from the reports weak areas to target as well as successes to celebrate. Unknown on 19th Apr 2022
We love being able to test at home. These test are straight forward and easy to use. Amber Braun on 11th Apr 2022
Our first time using the CAT. We were shocked how fast the results were available. Literally the next day!!! Easy to read the results. Definitely would buy this again!!! Rebecca on 11th Apr 2022
This was our first year testing, so we were very nervous that the test might be to much for our first grader. However, we were very happy with how simply it was to administer the test and our first grader had no issues. Our fear of tears on both ends turn out to be all smiles. Unknown on 6th Apr 2022
I highly recommend this test as my daughter has ADHD and Level 1 Autism. We were instructed to do untimed testing so that she didn't have any meltdowns. We only had one and that was when the test answer bubbles didn't line up with the question numbers. Anyways, this test was super easy to follow instruction wise and she was able to complete it herself.
The company got the test out to us within three days of ordering and we got the results back in a super timely manner.
We will DEFINITELY be ordering again. Also we are a homeschool family from the State of Georgia where the rules are that they kids must be tested every 3 years starting in 3rd grade. Kristee on 11th Mar 2022
I found this paper option to be stress free for the administrator and for my student/child. My student/child has testing anxiety and being able to pick paper lessened that greatly. I was able to scan the finished test in and email it without difficulty. I received the results in the same day. I would use this option again. Kimberly Evans on 15th Feb 2022