- Achievement Tests
- Diplomas & Certificates
- ID Cards
- Educational Resources
- Group Ordering
The California Achievement Test (CAT) is one of the most widely used of the student assessments for basic academic skills. The CAT provides educators, students and their parents with a measure of achievement and national comparison in reading, language, spelling, and mathematics.
Meeting most state and umbrella school requirements for annual testing, the California Achievement Test offered by Academic Excellence provides insight into students' scholastic progress by scoring grade equivalency, percentile ranking, and stanine. Click here for an explanation of the scores.
Benefits of utilizing Academic Excellence paper achievement testing include:
◦ Reliable and up-to-date results based on biannual norming
◦ Freedom to test according to your schedule
◦ Flexibility to divide tests into multiple sessions, as needed
◦ Our tests do not expire
◦ Stress free testing with complete printed instructions for proctoring the test
◦ Test results are emailed to you, with a link to PDF report for downloading and printing
◦ Professionally developed and produced with the permission of the original publisher
◦ Widely recognized and accepted by state and local educational agencies
Once you have placed your California Achievement Test purchase with Academic Excellence:
◦ You will receive an order confirmation email.
◦ Printed instructions, the California Achievement Test, and a return envelope will be shipped via Priority Mail, usually within 1 business day (transit times will vary).
◦ Upon completion of the test, simply return the answer sheets to Academic Excellence in the pre-printed return envelope.
◦ Once scored, your test results will be emailed to you along with a link to a PDF report of your scores for saving and printing.
Premium Scoring: Receive additional scoring, such as composite scores, along with charts and graphs for easier analysis of test results. Click here to view a sample premium scoring report.
Recommendation Service: Academic Excellence's independent recommendation service is for home educators who would like to receive customized curriculum recommendations based upon the achievement test results. Academic Excellence is not affiliated with any curriculum publisher and provides objective, experienced feedback on curriculum. The Academic Excellence staff have been involved in home education since 1987 and have extensive experience with curriculum providers and the spectrum of homeschooling philosophies.
The resource recommendations from Academic Excellence are strategically selected to strengthen and improve competency and mastery in academic areas presented in standardized testing. These key selected resources make excellent "tutoring aides" and addenda to any curriculum. Our goal in developing the Academic Excellence recommendation service is to provide parents with user friendly, economical resources that strengthen students' academic achievement and testing skills; focus tutoring and teaching efforts; and facilitate preparation for and success in ACT, SAT, and college testing. All recommendations are based upon the student's test scores and our staff's extensive experience with home education. Each of the primary recommendations are provided in correlation to individual students' scores to questions and sections of standardized tests. Secondary resources are often challenging, educational games or less formal learning practices. Each recommendation is measured by ease of use by parents; levels of response, enjoyment, and success by students; and affordability. By targeting and addressing students' deficit areas with easy to use and economical tutorial resources, test scores, grades, and confidence elevate and improve. Recommendations in students' areas of proficiency keep students engaged, challenged, and progressing in all subject areas. We have found this to be an easy, economical way to ensure academic excellence and success.
Certificate of Completion: As an added value to our customers, Academic Excellence is pleased to provide a free, printable certificate of achievement to all students who complete an AE California Achievement Test. You can view a sample of the certificate here.
◦ Student First Name - Enter the first name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Student Last Name - Enter the last name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Grade Level - If you are testing in the middle of school year, select the student's current grade level. If you are testing at the end of school year or between school years, select the next grade level for the student; not the student's past grade level.
◦ Premium Scoring - Select if you want a composite score as part of your student's assessment.
◦ Recommendation Service - Indicate if you want Curriculum Recommendation Service.
◦ Add to Cart - Enter information for one student only, then select the Add to Cart button.
If you wish to purchase testing services for another student, or wish to make other purchases, select the Continue Shopping link after viewing your shopping cart.
This was our first time taking the paper version test . We did the online version last year and this one was a lot easier for my daughter to take ! Shauna on 17th Sep 2021
My husband ordered this test for our 2nd grader. It was easy to administer and results were returned quickly. While taking the test my son even said, "Hey, this is kinda fun." Thanks. We needed this positive experience to round out our first year homeschooling. We're looking forward to ordering from Academic Excellence again. Ersula Rivers on 15th Sep 2021
These tests are thorough, I love getting the premium scoring and the recommendation service, it shows what skills that need to work on more and what grade level they are equivalent to. These are the tests recommended for NC homeschool. Tralaina M Cockrum on 12th Sep 2021
My 13 year took the paper version 8th grade test in a few days and it was quick and easy ! Shauna Lawrence on 4th Sep 2021
My child was super nervous to take any test until this one! Simple to understand insructions on how to take the test were a definite plus! Easy on the testing moderator as well! Karen N on 3rd Sep 2021
This test was well written with easy instructions. Both my student abs myself knew exactly what was required. Debbie Reiff on 24th Aug 2021
I would recommend this test for everyone Tammy Beasley on 11th Jul 2021
My kiddo was actually thrilled to take a hard copy test. She did Math online this year and really liked the hard copy for testing. Looking forward to seeing her scores. Alicia on 6th Jul 2021
home schooling is very hard to get started . Your test took so much pressure away from me , because it was so explaining how to test and send off. Terina blevins on 30th Jun 2021
The registration and ordering process was easy. Tests were received quickly. The children enjoyed working with these tests. Thank you!
We recommend tests from the Academic Excellence! Unknown on 28th Jun 2021