- Achievement Tests
- Diplomas & Certificates
- ID Cards
- Educational Resources
- Group Ordering
The California Achievement Test (CAT) is one of the most widely used of the student assessments for basic academic skills. The CAT provides educators, students and their parents with a measure of achievement and national comparison in reading, language, spelling, and mathematics.
Meeting most state and umbrella school requirements for annual testing, the California Achievement Test offered by Academic Excellence provides insight into students' scholastic progress by scoring grade equivalency, percentile ranking, and stanine. Click here for an explanation of the scores.
Benefits of utilizing Academic Excellence paper achievement testing include:
◦ Reliable and up-to-date results based on biannual norming
◦ Freedom to test according to your schedule
◦ Flexibility to divide tests into multiple sessions, as needed
◦ Our tests do not expire
◦ Stress free testing with complete printed instructions for proctoring the test
◦ Test results are emailed to you, with a link to PDF report for downloading and printing
◦ Professionally developed and produced with the permission of the original publisher
◦ Widely recognized and accepted by state and local educational agencies
Once you have placed your California Achievement Test purchase with Academic Excellence:
◦ You will receive an order confirmation email.
◦ Printed instructions, the California Achievement Test, and a return envelope will be shipped via Priority Mail, usually within 1 business day (transit times will vary).
◦ Upon completion of the test, simply return the answer sheets to Academic Excellence in the pre-printed return envelope.
◦ Once scored, your test results will be emailed to you along with a link to a PDF report of your scores for saving and printing.
Premium Scoring: Receive additional scoring, such as composite scores, along with charts and graphs for easier analysis of test results. Click here to view a sample premium scoring report.
Recommendation Service: Academic Excellence's independent recommendation service is for home educators who would like to receive customized curriculum recommendations based upon the achievement test results. Academic Excellence is not affiliated with any curriculum publisher and provides objective, experienced feedback on curriculum. The Academic Excellence staff have been involved in home education since 1987 and have extensive experience with curriculum providers and the spectrum of homeschooling philosophies.
The resource recommendations from Academic Excellence are strategically selected to strengthen and improve competency and mastery in academic areas presented in standardized testing. These key selected resources make excellent "tutoring aides" and addenda to any curriculum. Our goal in developing the Academic Excellence recommendation service is to provide parents with user friendly, economical resources that strengthen students' academic achievement and testing skills; focus tutoring and teaching efforts; and facilitate preparation for and success in ACT, SAT, and college testing. All recommendations are based upon the student's test scores and our staff's extensive experience with home education. Each of the primary recommendations are provided in correlation to individual students' scores to questions and sections of standardized tests. Secondary resources are often challenging, educational games or less formal learning practices. Each recommendation is measured by ease of use by parents; levels of response, enjoyment, and success by students; and affordability. By targeting and addressing students' deficit areas with easy to use and economical tutorial resources, test scores, grades, and confidence elevate and improve. Recommendations in students' areas of proficiency keep students engaged, challenged, and progressing in all subject areas. We have found this to be an easy, economical way to ensure academic excellence and success.
Certificate of Completion: As an added value to our customers, Academic Excellence is pleased to provide a free, printable certificate of achievement to all students who complete an AE California Achievement Test. You can view a sample of the certificate here.
◦ Student First Name - Enter the first name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Student Last Name - Enter the last name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Grade Level - If you are testing in the middle of school year, select the student's current grade level. If you are testing at the end of school year or between school years, select the next grade level for the student; not the student's past grade level.
◦ Premium Scoring - Select if you want a composite score as part of your student's assessment.
◦ Recommendation Service - Indicate if you want Curriculum Recommendation Service.
◦ Add to Cart - Enter information for one student only, then select the Add to Cart button.
If you wish to purchase testing services for another student, or wish to make other purchases, select the Continue Shopping link after viewing your shopping cart.
I would recommend this test for everyone Tammy Beasley on 11th Jul 2021
My kiddo was actually thrilled to take a hard copy test. She did Math online this year and really liked the hard copy for testing. Looking forward to seeing her scores. Alicia on 6th Jul 2021
home schooling is very hard to get started . Your test took so much pressure away from me , because it was so explaining how to test and send off. Terina blevins on 30th Jun 2021
The registration and ordering process was easy. Tests were received quickly. The children enjoyed working with these tests. Thank you!
We recommend tests from the Academic Excellence! Unknown on 28th Jun 2021
First year for us!! Reliable, Explanitive and service,the best!
Will use again Unknown on 27th Jun 2021
Ordered the paper test but then realized there wouldn’t be enough time to administer by the time it came. Customer service was amazing & set my daughter up with the online not timed test. We received results as soon as she completed the test which was great as well Sharlotte on 22nd Jun 2021
Exactly as advertised.
We prepared using the list of topics provided by Academic Excellence, and the recommended Spectrum test prep book. When my daughter took the test, it was exactly as she expected it to be. The instructions and format were clear.
The ordering process was easy. Communications with AE were fast and clear. The test, and later the results, arrived promptly.
The test results were very informative.
I will buy again next time from AE. Leigh C Kornishev on 21st Jun 2021
First year using academic excellence and they've surpasses my expectations. We will use again Leanna Hernandez on 21st Jun 2021
This is the 3rd year that we used Acedemic Excellence! For end of grade testing! It really is easy to use! And love how the tests are given. Awesome! Unknown on 7th Jun 2021
I have a second grader and a seventh grader, and both tests were great for the one administering it and the one taking it. Easy to follow Instructions. I love that my second grader was able to write in the book, and did not have to use a separate answer sheet. Will definitely be buying again for next years. Unknown on 2nd Jun 2021