- Achievement Tests
- Diplomas & Certificates
- ID Cards
- Educational Resources
- Group Ordering
The California Achievement Test (CAT) is one of the most widely used of the student assessments for basic academic skills. The CAT provides educators, students and their parents with a measure of achievement and national comparison in reading, language, spelling, and mathematics.
Meeting most state and umbrella school requirements for annual testing, the California Achievement Test offered by Academic Excellence provides insight into students' scholastic progress by scoring grade equivalency, percentile ranking, and stanine. Click here for an explanation of the scores.
Benefits of utilizing Academic Excellence paper achievement testing include:
◦ Reliable and up-to-date results based on biannual norming
◦ Freedom to test according to your schedule
◦ Flexibility to divide tests into multiple sessions, as needed
◦ Our tests do not expire
◦ Stress free testing with complete printed instructions for proctoring the test
◦ Test results are emailed to you, with a link to PDF report for downloading and printing
◦ Professionally developed and produced with the permission of the original publisher
◦ Widely recognized and accepted by state and local educational agencies
Once you have placed your California Achievement Test purchase with Academic Excellence:
◦ You will receive an order confirmation email.
◦ Printed instructions, the California Achievement Test, and a return envelop will be mailed to you within 1 business day.
◦ Upon completion of the test, simply return the answer sheets to Academic Excellence in the pre-printed return envelop.
◦ Once scored, your test results will be emailed to you along with a link to a PDF report of your scores for saving and printing.
Premium Scoring: Receive additional scoring, such as composite scores, along with charts and graphs for easier analysis of test results. Click here to view a sample premium scoring report.
Recommendation Service: Academic Excellence's independent recommendation service is for home educators who would like to receive customized curriculum recommendations based upon the achievement test results. Academic Excellence is not affiliated with any curriculum publisher and provides objective, experienced feedback on curriculum. The Academic Excellence staff have been involved in home education since 1987 and have extensive experience with curriculum providers and the spectrum of homeschooling philosophies.
The resource recommendations from Academic Excellence are strategically selected to strengthen and improve competency and mastery in academic areas presented in standardized testing. These key selected resources make excellent "tutoring aides" and addenda to any curriculum. Our goal in developing the Academic Excellence recommendation service is to provide parents with user friendly, economical resources that strengthen students' academic achievement and testing skills; focus tutoring and teaching efforts; and facilitate preparation for and success in ACT, SAT, and college testing. All recommendations are based upon the student's test scores and our staff's extensive experience with home education. Each of the primary recommendations are provided in correlation to individual students' scores to questions and sections of standardized tests. Secondary resources are often challenging, educational games or less formal learning practices. Each recommendation is measured by ease of use by parents; levels of response, enjoyment, and success by students; and affordability. By targeting and addressing students' deficit areas with easy to use and economical tutorial resources, test scores, grades, and confidence elevate and improve. Recommendations in students' areas of proficiency keep students engaged, challenged, and progressing in all subject areas. We have found this to be an easy, economical way to ensure academic excellence and success.
Certificate of Completion: As an added value to our customers, Academic Excellence is pleased to provide a free, printable certificate of achievement to all students who complete an AE California Achievement Test. You can view a sample of the certificate here.
◦ Student First Name - Enter the first name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Student Last Name - Enter the last name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Grade Level - If you are testing in the middle of school year, select the student's current grade level. If you are testing at the end of school year or between school years, select the next grade level for the student; not the student's past grade level.
◦ Premium Scoring - Select if you want a composite score as part of your student's assessment.
◦ Recommendation Service - Indicate if you want Curriculum Recommendation Service.
◦ Add to Cart - Enter information for one student only, then select the Add to Cart button.
If you wish to purchase testing services for another student, or wish to make other purchases, select the Continue Shopping link after viewing your shopping cart.
We have done cat tests for 10 years. The testing has been easy to do with quick responsive scoring. We have also been pleased with the composite scoring required by our state. Christi on 2nd Nov 2019
My child prefers not to do her classwork or tests on the computer. Having the paper CAT exam allows her to feel much more comfortable taking the test. She can mark on the pages when she is reading or mark a question that she wants to come back to. Academic Excellence provides the test quickly and I love being able to scan in the answer sheet and have the scores emailed back so I can keep them and print them out as needed. Unknown on 20th Oct 2019
Great test!!! We have been using them the past four years Melissa on 19th Oct 2019
Will definitely be using this every year Unknown on 6th Aug 2019
It was great to give my daughter the test and she didn't have to rush to get it done..My daughter took her time and didn't stress at all...Thank You so much for a stress free test.. Lea Bullock on 29th Jul 2019
It was great to be able to take the test without feeling the pressure of having to mail it back by a certain time. We were able to take our time and she wasn't nervous at all about taking the test this year. Jeri E Willoughby on 20th Jun 2019
The test was amazingly understandable. It is throughly educational and great for age interesting thanks for a great test Mom.... Shirley Hawks on 17th Jun 2019
We ordered 4 tests from Academic Excellence this year. They came quickly, the material was well-organized, the directions were clear and concise and our experience was all positive! Randerson720 on 11th Jun 2019
Loved the way the test was set up and my son was able to complete it quickly. Pamela Sigmon on 10th Jun 2019
The test is very easy to follow and explains things very well. Will be ordering this test next year too. My also took it for 2nd grade and now for 3rd. Jamie on 28th May 2019