- Achievement Tests
- Diplomas & Certificates
- ID Cards
- Educational Resources
- Group Ordering
The California Achievement Test (CAT) is one of the most widely used of the student assessments for basic academic skills. The CAT provides educators, students and their parents with a measure of achievement and national comparison in reading, language, spelling, and mathematics.
Meeting most state and umbrella school requirements for annual testing, the California Achievement Test offered by Academic Excellence provides insight into students' scholastic progress by scoring grade equivalency, percentile ranking, and stanine. Click here for an explanation of the scores.
Benefits of utilizing Academic Excellence paper achievement testing include:
◦ Reliable and up-to-date results based on biannual norming
◦ Freedom to test according to your schedule
◦ Flexibility to divide tests into multiple sessions, as needed
◦ Our tests do not expire
◦ Stress free testing with complete printed instructions for proctoring the test
◦ Test results are emailed to you, with a link to PDF report for downloading and printing
◦ Professionally developed and produced with the permission of the original publisher
◦ Widely recognized and accepted by state and local educational agencies
Once you have placed your California Achievement Test purchase with Academic Excellence:
◦ You will receive an order confirmation email.
◦ Printed instructions, the California Achievement Test, and a return envelope will be shipped via Priority Mail, usually within 1 business day (transit times will vary).
◦ Upon completion of the test, simply return the answer sheets to Academic Excellence in the pre-printed return envelope.
◦ Once scored, your test results will be emailed to you along with a link to a PDF report of your scores for saving and printing.
Premium Scoring: Receive additional scoring, such as composite scores, along with charts and graphs for easier analysis of test results. Click here to view a sample premium scoring report.
Recommendation Service: Academic Excellence's independent recommendation service is for home educators who would like to receive customized curriculum recommendations based upon the achievement test results. Academic Excellence is not affiliated with any curriculum publisher and provides objective, experienced feedback on curriculum. The Academic Excellence staff have been involved in home education since 1987 and have extensive experience with curriculum providers and the spectrum of homeschooling philosophies.
The resource recommendations from Academic Excellence are strategically selected to strengthen and improve competency and mastery in academic areas presented in standardized testing. These key selected resources make excellent "tutoring aides" and addenda to any curriculum. Our goal in developing the Academic Excellence recommendation service is to provide parents with user friendly, economical resources that strengthen students' academic achievement and testing skills; focus tutoring and teaching efforts; and facilitate preparation for and success in ACT, SAT, and college testing. All recommendations are based upon the student's test scores and our staff's extensive experience with home education. Each of the primary recommendations are provided in correlation to individual students' scores to questions and sections of standardized tests. Secondary resources are often challenging, educational games or less formal learning practices. Each recommendation is measured by ease of use by parents; levels of response, enjoyment, and success by students; and affordability. By targeting and addressing students' deficit areas with easy to use and economical tutorial resources, test scores, grades, and confidence elevate and improve. Recommendations in students' areas of proficiency keep students engaged, challenged, and progressing in all subject areas. We have found this to be an easy, economical way to ensure academic excellence and success.
Certificate of Completion: As an added value to our customers, Academic Excellence is pleased to provide a free, printable certificate of achievement to all students who complete an AE California Achievement Test. You can view a sample of the certificate here.
◦ Student First Name - Enter the first name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Student Last Name - Enter the last name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Grade Level - If you are testing in the middle of school year, select the student's current grade level. If you are testing at the end of school year or between school years, select the next grade level for the student; not the student's past grade level.
◦ Premium Scoring - Now standard on all full tests at no extra charge.
◦ Recommendation Service - Indicate if you want Curriculum Recommendation Service.
◦ Add to Cart - Enter information for one student only, then select the Add to Cart button.
If you wish to purchase testing services for another student, or wish to make other purchases, select the Continue Shopping link after viewing your shopping cart.
I tested both of my sons and it was such a smooth process from start to finish. I ordered the paper version of the test and it came quickly. I had their scores back the same day I submitted the results and was so impressed with the turn around time. I plan on using this system to evaluate my sons' progress in the years to come. Thank you! Melissa S McNulty on 19th Jan 2024
I've been using this test for many years. It's easy to administer and stress-free. Cynthia on 7th Jan 2024
I am so thankful for this company! The process are low and everything is simple and we'll organized. I love the paper booklet versus online! Nichole on 25th Oct 2023
The cost is great and the ease of use is fantastic for my 3 kids. I would recommend if you need testing for your kids. Juan on 25th Oct 2023
As a retired public school teacher and current homeschool mom, I understand what standardized testing is, a snapshot of learning. If you talk with your child, you know what he or she is learning. This test gives a broad spectrum snapshot of your child's education for a reasonable price. Penny on 25th Oct 2023
We diffenately get the test for higher level. Thank you Parents of A&E on 23rd Oct 2023
We received our tests and materials quickly. Everything was as it should be. My girls finished their tests and we submitted them on a Thursday and Friday and we had full, thorough, results on Monday! That's great service! Erika Whatley on 3rd Oct 2023
Great overall test. It is easy to administer and the timed test was enough time to complete but short enough to keep the students motivated. Unknown on 19th Sep 2023
This product was clear and concise on directions. Our daughter took the test, we scanned and emailed her test in, and received results in less than a week! We will be ordering again next year. Thank you! Unknown on 10th Sep 2023
am not disappointed.
I got nervous and ordered the practice tests as well-- which I strongly suggest, purely for getting any kinks worked out.
Got the paper tests, administering them was easy, and they made a point in the instructions of making it clear I could scan them and email them in...
the premium scoring was great.
Have since suggested to several other homeschoolers. ALS on 3rd Aug 2023