- Achievement Tests
- Diplomas & Certificates
- ID Cards
- Educational Resources
- Group Ordering
The California Achievement Test (CAT) is one of the most widely used of the student assessments for basic academic skills. The CAT provides educators, students and their parents with a measure of achievement and national comparison in reading, language, spelling, and mathematics.
Meeting most state and umbrella school requirements for annual testing, the California Achievement Test offered by Academic Excellence provides insight into students' scholastic progress by scoring grade equivalency, percentile ranking, and stanine. Click here for an explanation of the scores.
Benefits of utilizing Academic Excellence paper achievement testing include:
◦ Reliable and up-to-date results based on biannual norming
◦ Freedom to test according to your schedule
◦ Flexibility to divide tests into multiple sessions, as needed
◦ Our tests do not expire
◦ Stress free testing with complete printed instructions for proctoring the test
◦ Test results are emailed to you, with a link to PDF report for downloading and printing
◦ Professionally developed and produced with the permission of the original publisher
◦ Widely recognized and accepted by state and local educational agencies
Once you have placed your California Achievement Test purchase with Academic Excellence:
◦ You will receive an order confirmation email.
◦ Printed instructions, the California Achievement Test, and a return envelope will be mailed to you within 1 business day.
◦ Upon completion of the test, simply return the answer sheets to Academic Excellence in the pre-printed return envelope.
◦ Once scored, your test results will be emailed to you along with a link to a PDF report of your scores for saving and printing.
Premium Scoring: Receive additional scoring, such as composite scores, along with charts and graphs for easier analysis of test results. Click here to view a sample premium scoring report.
Recommendation Service: Academic Excellence's independent recommendation service is for home educators who would like to receive customized curriculum recommendations based upon the achievement test results. Academic Excellence is not affiliated with any curriculum publisher and provides objective, experienced feedback on curriculum. The Academic Excellence staff have been involved in home education since 1987 and have extensive experience with curriculum providers and the spectrum of homeschooling philosophies.
The resource recommendations from Academic Excellence are strategically selected to strengthen and improve competency and mastery in academic areas presented in standardized testing. These key selected resources make excellent "tutoring aides" and addenda to any curriculum. Our goal in developing the Academic Excellence recommendation service is to provide parents with user friendly, economical resources that strengthen students' academic achievement and testing skills; focus tutoring and teaching efforts; and facilitate preparation for and success in ACT, SAT, and college testing. All recommendations are based upon the student's test scores and our staff's extensive experience with home education. Each of the primary recommendations are provided in correlation to individual students' scores to questions and sections of standardized tests. Secondary resources are often challenging, educational games or less formal learning practices. Each recommendation is measured by ease of use by parents; levels of response, enjoyment, and success by students; and affordability. By targeting and addressing students' deficit areas with easy to use and economical tutorial resources, test scores, grades, and confidence elevate and improve. Recommendations in students' areas of proficiency keep students engaged, challenged, and progressing in all subject areas. We have found this to be an easy, economical way to ensure academic excellence and success.
Certificate of Completion: As an added value to our customers, Academic Excellence is pleased to provide a free, printable certificate of achievement to all students who complete an AE California Achievement Test. You can view a sample of the certificate here.
◦ Student First Name - Enter the first name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Student Last Name - Enter the last name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Grade Level - If you are testing in the middle of school year, select the student's current grade level. If you are testing at the end of school year or between school years, select the next grade level for the student; not the student's past grade level.
◦ Premium Scoring - Select if you want a composite score as part of your student's assessment.
◦ Recommendation Service - Indicate if you want Curriculum Recommendation Service.
◦ Add to Cart - Enter information for one student only, then select the Add to Cart button.
If you wish to purchase testing services for another student, or wish to make other purchases, select the Continue Shopping link after viewing your shopping cart.
Its explained in a manner that is easily understood and it covers all the important subjects. It also meets state standards and isn't pricey at all. Ashley on 10th Mar 2021
It met my state testing requirements. Great instructions throughout each testing sections. Unknown on 14th Feb 2021
I especially like how quick the results of the test come back when you scan and email the completed test to Academic Excellence. Natalie Bongioanni on 20th Dec 2020
I am a repeat customer because of the price and convenience of these tests. Unknown on 20th Oct 2020
This test challenged my daughter and was rewarding for the challenge it gave her Shirley Hawks on 6th Jul 2020
Just what my child needed. Unknown on 22nd Jun 2020
The directions were very clear on how to administer it to my homeschooling child. And he was able to understand what he was supposed to do. I am looking forward to administering the rest of the annual tests in their program to him. Victoria on 16th Jun 2020
We have used this test for a few years now. The untimed paper test is perfect for my two homeschooled children. The tests are easy to administer, and the content seems appropriate for the students' grade levels. Amy Kendrick on 3rd Jun 2020
I love Unknown on 30th May 2020
This year is my second year using Academic Excellence and the CAT Test. The instructions are easy to follow/understand. I was hesitant to scan the tests, for I am not a technical person and have 3 tests to scan! The process is simple and is why I chose to be a repeat customer. Rebecca on 28th May 2020