- Achievement Tests
- Diplomas & Certificates
- ID Cards
- Group Ordering
The California Achievement Test (CAT) is one of the most widely used of the student assessments for basic academic skills. The CAT provides educators, students and their parents with a measure of achievement and national comparison in reading, language, spelling, and mathematics.
Meeting most state and umbrella school requirements for annual testing, the California Achievement Test offered by Academic Excellence provides insight into students' scholastic progress by scoring grade equivalency, percentile ranking, and stanine. Click here for an explanation of the scores.
Benefits of utilizing Academic Excellence paper achievement testing include:
◦ Reliable and up-to-date results based on biannual norming
◦ Freedom to test according to your schedule
◦ Flexibility to divide tests into multiple sessions, as needed
◦ Our tests do not expire
◦ Stress free testing with complete printed instructions for proctoring the test
◦ Test results are emailed to you, with a link to PDF report for downloading and printing
◦ Professionally developed and produced with the permission of the original publisher
◦ Widely recognized and accepted by state and local educational agencies
Once you have placed your California Achievement Test purchase with Academic Excellence:
◦ You will receive an order confirmation email.
◦ Printed instructions, the California Achievement Test, and a return envelop will be mailed to you within 1 business day.
◦ Upon completion of the test, simply return the answer sheets to Academic Excellence in the pre-printed return envelop.
◦ Once scored, your test results will be emailed to you along with a link to a PDF report of your scores for saving and printing.
Premium Scoring: Receive additional scoring, such as composite scores, along with charts and graphs for easier analysis of test results. Click here to view a sample premium scoring report.
Recommendation Service: Academic Excellence's independent recommendation service is for home educators who would like to receive customized curriculum recommendations based upon the achievement test results. Academic Excellence is not affiliated with any curriculum publisher and provides objective, experienced feedback on curriculum. The Academic Excellence staff have been involved in home education since 1987 and have extensive experience with curriculum providers and the spectrum of homeschooling philosophies.
The resource recommendations from Academic Excellence are strategically selected to strengthen and improve competency and mastery in academic areas presented in standardized testing. These key selected resources make excellent "tutoring aides" and addenda to any curriculum. Our goal in developing the Academic Excellence recommendation service is to provide parents with user friendly, economical resources that strengthen students' academic achievement and testing skills; focus tutoring and teaching efforts; and facilitate preparation for and success in ACT, SAT, and college testing. All recommendations are based upon the student's test scores and our staff's extensive experience with home education. Each of the primary recommendations are provided in correlation to individual students' scores to questions and sections of standardized tests. Secondary resources are often challenging, educational games or less formal learning practices. Each recommendation is measured by ease of use by parents; levels of response, enjoyment, and success by students; and affordability. By targeting and addressing students' deficit areas with easy to use and economical tutorial resources, test scores, grades, and confidence elevate and improve. Recommendations in students' areas of proficiency keep students engaged, challenged, and progressing in all subject areas. We have found this to be an easy, economical way to ensure academic excellence and success.
Certificate of Completion: As an added value to our customers, Academic Excellence is pleased to provide a free, printable certificate of achievement to all students who complete an AE California Achievement Test. You can view a sample of the certificate here.
◦ Student First Name - Enter the first name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Student Last Name - Enter the last name of the student to be tested in the space provided.
◦ Grade Level - If you are testing in the middle of school year, select the student's current grade level. If you are testing at the end of school year or between school years, select the next grade level for the student; not the student's past grade level.
◦ Premium Scoring - Select if you want a composite score as part of your student's assessment.
◦ Recommendation Service - Indicate if you want Curriculum Recommendation Service.
◦ Add to Cart - Enter information for one student only, then select the Add to Cart button.
If you wish to purchase testing services for another student, or wish to make other purchases, select the Continue Shopping link after viewing your shopping cart.
I thought it was very good evaluation of the grades that my children are in. Unknown on 6th Mar 2017
Very simple, understandable for my daughter and myself. And shipment was super fast! Erin on 15th Feb 2017
Received the tests I ordered in short order. All looks fine. Haven't administered them yet.
I'm sure my students will love them! Jeanne on 25th Jan 2017
Very satisfied. Thanks. Unknown on 11th Jan 2017
We have taken the CAT paper test for two years now and like it.
It is very easy to administer. Grading is fast. Unknown on 8th Dec 2016
It came quickly and the context is thorough yet simple enough for my son to take! Unknown on 25th Oct 2016
This CAT test was a lot more thorough than other placement tests we have purchased. The service was excellent as well. We received the test results very quickly. Thanks! Unknown on 21st Sep 2016
This test was so much easier that we had expected. My daughter has terrible test anxiety but she breezed through this like a champ. The sections were short and it was easy to do a part here and there as our day, and her attention span, allowed. So thankful I found this test. Tammy Stickney on 12th Aug 2016
My (outgoing) "4th grader" took this a few weeks ago. It was a bit longer and more challenging than he expected, but it was a great cause for perseverance and also allowed for good review when we looked over the questions he missed after each section. Would definitely buy again for my other kids (and him) in the future. Brian on 18th Jul 2016
We just mailed out the test today. This was our first time taking a test. I'm excited and nervous to see how my little guy did. He is too! I will be using Academic excellence from here on out. I will be referring others to here as well. Unknown on 24th Jun 2016